Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grrrl attack!

The last 2 years I've been surpised by how many great bands pop up from this shithole called Athens and manage to pull out something new and refreshing,to my ears at least. This time I'm not talking about some noise punk or crust stuff that most of you reading this blog are used to....I'm talking about Daughter, a new grunge-y, post punk, all-female band that will soon release their first ep. Taking obvious cues from bands such as Hole and Nirvana, mixing it with good* 90's rock'n'roll and bits of new wave ala Wipers. I never was a fan of grunge and never gonna be but listening to Daughter made me realize that there are actually some good elements in the genre that when mixed with the right attitude the result comes of nothing less than great! Give the band a listen here:  http://www.reverbnation.com/daughterband





*(by "good" i don't mean the highly overrated Pearl Jam, there were way better bands!)

No comments:

Post a Comment